Friday, May 11, 2012

Chocolate Crown Cake & Recipe for a Fabulous New Sandwich!

I baked a chocolate crown cake for dessert this week. It's such a fun and easy cake to make. I bake a chocolate cake in a bundt pan, let it cool and then drizzle it with lots of melted dark and white chocolate. It does look a little like a crown!
My son was home from school one day this week. I decided (since as a growing teen he's always hungry) to make a special lunch for us to share. Food always brings us together in a way that we can talk and share about things that matter.
I was in the mood to make French Dip sandwiches: those yummy sandwiches with sliced roast beef, cheese and au jus dipping sauce but I didn't have roast beef or au jus sauce on hand.
I decided to be creative instead and come up with a new specialty from items already in my fridge. Below is the recipe of what I came up with. We ate it with roasted rosemary, olive oil and garlic potatoes.
Black Pepper Turkey with Feta & Sharp Cheddar Melts with Barbecue Sauce
Yield two sandwiches
Ingredients:
4 Slices Black Pepper Turkey, thin from Deli
1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Hearty Fresh Oatmeal Bread
Barbecue Sauce
To make:
On a medium heat warm a skillet and place the bread buttered, face down and add the turkey and cheeses then cover with another slice of bread buttered on the top. Grill until brown and cheese melts. Slice in half and serve with potatoes on the side. Take a small bowl and warm Barbecue sauce in the microwave and serve as a dipping sauce along with the sandwich.
If you give it a try, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

No comments: