Sunday, May 4, 2008

Funny Bumper Stickers, Spring Blooms & Baking

I probably should have been more busy baking this weekend. I have a few things coming up that I need to bake for.

But since my husband has been out of town I have mostly been driving all over the Upper Cape to help keep my kids involved in their activities. The truth is at their ages they need me to get them to where they want to go.

In my travels I saw a bumper sticker that made me laugh. It read "Monica Lewinsky's Ex-boyfriend's Wife for President". I am not a Hillary hater (or lover) for that matter. It's our fascination with the mundane side of things that makes me laugh the most. Do I think Hillary can help us to solve so many of the problems we face as a Country? If yes, then that's what I am mostly interested in.

After a weekend of almost constant rain I notice that the spirea is in full bloom in my back yard. The wild flowers I planted in my side yard are taking root and the Hosta's are starting to show signs of their presence.

With Mother's Day on the horizon I have a few extra orders for cookies and cakes. After all that running around maybe the kids will go to bed early and I might just get a bit of my baking done after all or I might just join them and go to bed too. I can always get an early start tomorrow.

No comments: