Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Results are In!

Throwing a chili cook-off super bowl party not only turned out to be a lot of fun, but it was also a smart move on my part! We had a ton of food to share with guests but the best part is I didn't have to make it all!
I did make a delicious beer bread. It's kind of like a banana loaf bread or a pecan bread but I made it with a bottle of beer. Adding the beer just gives it a unique texture and flavor. It went great with all the chili.
I am pretty certain that over the summer I will up the ante for my friends a little and throw a summer salad and cocktail party!
As for the results, each entry scored pretty well. One entry was especially tasty because the maker put cumin and all spice which gave it a sweet taste. The prize turned out to be very simple-a sterling silver ladle, a cookbook and some tasty crackers that go well with the chili.
Although as I pointed out to the winner--it's the title of "best chili" that really matters.
My entry didn't actually win but I will say that the large pot of it that I served in my Crock pot through out the night was completely empty!

No comments: