Friday, May 22, 2009

Kids, Farm Delivery, Gardens & More

My kids were happy I baked before they even woke for school this morning. They all had a taste before the bus. I added mini Lemon Cakes and banana bread to my baking table.
Then, I stopped by the Wholesale Nursery to pick up compost and a mixture of potting soil and peat moss to go into the tiny spot I have to put in my garden.
I am going to try squash, peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and eggplant. I think I will be all set if I remember to water regularly.
My cookbook is almost there. I have worked through a number of printing challenges and it is a matter of getting it done now. Once my teaching semester ends I am more hopeful for its completion. In the meantime, I will bake as much as I can.
The weather today reminds me what I love most about living on the Cape. I went to a teacher conference at Bridgewater State College for the day yesterday and it was a good 15 degrees hotter there than it was when I returned over the bridge.

No comments: