Saturday, February 11, 2012

Recipe for Sun-Dried Tomato, Basil & Ricotta Tart

I got a call the other day from an old friend in Texas. She reminded me of a recipe I'd shared with her years before. It was something I baked often for either a lunch get together with girlfriends or to add to a Potluck party. But I haven't made it in years.
I shared the recipe in "Linda's Hearth"- a collection I put together years ago for Christmas gifts for friends and family.
When my now teens were still toddlers, I didn't feel like dragging them around to shop at the mall looking for gifts so that year I put together those books right from home.
I baked it for this weekend because I'm going to a birthday party later today and I hate showing up to a party empty handed. I also baked one of my Lemon Cake's.
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Give this simple and delicious recipe a try and invite some friends over to share it with you.
Sun-Dried Tomato, Basil & Ricotta Tart
Prepare your pie crust
Take 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
2 Tbsp olive oil
black pepper, freshly ground
12 oz. ricotta
3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan
3 eggs
4 Tbsp. whipping cream
1/4 cup chopped, oil-cured sun dried tomatoes
1/2 cup pine nuts
1) Pre-bake your crust until edges are golden brown at 350 degrees.
2) Put your basil, oil, eggs, whipping cream and cheeses into a blender or food processor, season with black pepper and process until just mixed.
3) Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and nuts but don't process.
4) Pour mixture into the pie shell and bake for 40 minutes or until set. Serve warm.

No comments: