Friday, August 4, 2017

Deep Gratitude for the Gift of the LIbrary

"If you have a garden and a library you have everything you need." ~Marcus Tullius Cicero

Last night I gave a talk about my book at the Brewster Ladies Library. I am so grateful for the chance to have spent a bit of time there. There was a lovely audience and the staff was super helpful. I brought fresh baked Lemon Cake and Celebration Cookies and didn't leave with a crumb. I talked about how my book came to be and shared personal stories around food.

We talked about some of my tricks of baking good rolled sugar cookies either frosted or not. And I described one of my favorite salads and how my Summer Vegetable Tart is a great light dinner option now.

I shared where my Nana's No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe came from too. One of the shapes I often bake are my Lobster Shaped cookies, pictured above. I feel so grateful for the gift of a good library and I want to offer a sincere thank you to Brewster Ladies Library for inviting me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are impressive! 🤸‍♂️