Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Summer Guests & Beach Weather

I am back home from a quick over night trip off Cape. Sophia and I made the small journey to see family and friends because my two oldest are at a summer camp this week and it seemed like a good time to sneak away.
I have been baking all day today. I am making a Fabulous Carrot Cake for an upcoming wedding shower and I have Dreamy Island Cookies in the oven now for my next farm delivery.
I spoke to the sweetest lady today on the telephone about how much she likes my lemon cake.
Those calls are good for me-especially when their is a little part of me that wishes I spent the day at the beach today. Mostly because time spent outdoors and on the beach can be so limited.
On Friday I am expecting a total of seven house guests for the weekend. I have been mopping, doing laundry and changing sheets like no body's business while my goodies are in the oven.
Have you ever heard the kids song that sings:
"Cousins, cousins here come the boys! Bedlam, mayhem, noise noise noise..."?
It's the perfect song for this weekend-my house guests include my two sisters, four nephews (under six) and my sixteen year old niece. Not to mention my three children.
Here's to hoping for some of that Cape Cod beach weather!

No comments: