Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What you Give & Life's Surprises

It was Sir Winston Churchill (British Prime Minister during World War II) who said "you make a living by what you get a life by what you give".

I don't know about you but these words inspire me. I love (adore) the restaurants around the country who have recently been inviting customers to pay what they can afford. Good for them and their customers!

I have a minor confession- my baking time has lapsed a bit lately. I remember a time where I baked each and every opportunity I could find.

In my effort to get back on the baking track, I have hired my older daughter to help me in the kitchen this coming summer to meet baking obligations. Lucky for me she was more than willing to help and make a little extra summer spending money. And, thanks to her willingness to help I see a completion to my recipe collection on the horizon!

As for Life's Surprises, recently I have been a bit betrayed by someone who should very much know better to give me not only the benefit of the doubt but also kindness to the very real fact that I have always been a loving and kind mother not to mention a very devoted and supportive wife.

I suppose though not every lesson in life is for me to learn. Sometimes, it might be the other person who has something to gain from the possibility of a 'new perspective'.

In the meantime, I will do my very best to heed Churchill's message and give what and where I can because that is where I 'gain' a life worth living.

No comments: