Friday, August 21, 2009

Vacations, Cookies & Shelburne Falls!

I just delivered Dreamy Island Cookies to the farm. I thought I was about to 'bake' myself having to turn my oven on today in this heat but I am glad I did.
There was not a crumb left, so to speak, after returning from our little vacation. Lots of slices of lemon cake and cookies sold while we were away.
After Labor Day, I won't be baking for the farm again this season because my teaching schedule will start again not to mention the farm will be slowing down and then closing for the season.
As for our vacation we traveled all over MA in a very short period of time. We drove from Falmouth to North Adams then Williamstown to Charlemont then Shelburne Falls. From there we went across the Northern part of MA east into New Hampshire. I loved Historic Downtown Portsmouth-very cool! We ate dinner one night at the Portsmouth Brewing Company and our hotel room overlooked the water. The zipline was a blast and of course the kids loved water country.
As for Shelburne Falls, I hadn't been there in years. It's an adorable village in the Berkshires. There are great shops and food. But you can also check out the Galatial Potholes and the Garden walk. Going there brought back lots of memories. Bella turned thirteen this past July and I remember being pregnant with her the last time I was there.
Time Flies!
I hope you've had a chance to stop by Paper Tyger or the Farm to check out my recipe book.

Stay Cool and as always, Happy Baking!

No comments: