Friday, September 11, 2009

Good Times!

I think one of the reasons I love baking so much is it allows me a bit of time to reflect on the good times.
So much of life seems so busy busy busy and rush rush rush! When I have something baking in my oven, for the most part, I simply allow myself the gift to wait for it to finish. Instead of trying my hardest to multi-task, I'll often take a minute to put my feet up and reflect.
My birthday is Sunday and I recently bought myself a very sweet cake pan that I have had my eye on for a while now. Sometime over the weekend I am going to bake myself a yummy cake and reflect on all of my 'good times'.
Last year, I had a very fun birthday party to celebrate my fortieth--I guess this particular year I am looking for something a little more low key. We are having lunch with my mom on Sunday at one of my favorite restaurants in the Worcester area--it's not my favorite so much because of the food--although it is pretty good--but rather because of all the good times I can remember from going there.

No comments: