Friday, October 23, 2009

Flapper Girl, Pumpkin Bread & Amazon!

For now, I've decided not to go ahead with the cup cake costume~I came across an adorable flapper girl costume instead and since I seem to have talked my husband into going as a Prohibition era gangster we may be on to something fun here.
Years ago in a women's history class I remember the Professor talking to us about how flapper girls were bold, independent and liked to smoke, drink and listen to jazz music.
The term flapper came from a movie back in 1920 called the 'Flapper'. A Harvard Psychologist back then was quoted as saying Flappers were "the lowest forms of Intelligence". It must have been their independence that bothered him so much.
My daughter was up extra early this morning. Her class is going on a field trip into Boston to visit Bunker Hill and have lunch at Faneuil Hall. Since I'm up I've decided to bake pumpkin bread to have ready and around the house this weekend. Although it usually doesn't last very long.
As for Amazon, I just added "Meet Me in My Cape Cod Kitchen" to their list of titles and it should be ready for purchase in about two weeks through them. It's something I've been meaning to get to for awhile now. Life just gets busy in so many different directions.

No comments: