Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Walking, House Warming & Cake Balls!

One of my favorite things to do is simply take a walk with a friend. It's been cold lately and I haven't had too many offers to go for a walk. I still get out there even if I have to bundle up tight and end up looking like an Eskimo with my puffy jacket, boots, scarf, gloves and hat!
Walking helps me clear my head so that I am free to make progress on my 'to do' list by giving me a bit of a break from all that has to get done.
We've been invited to a party on Sunday, a friend invited us over to help her celebrate the new house she bought.
I wouldn't miss it, even if I can only stop by for awhile because I try to offer my friends the kind of support I am looking for. Even if I have a long 'to do' list or life is keeping them otherwise busy I still love to chat on the phone or catch up over an email. My friends mean the world to me and I like to hear it from them from time to time how much I mean to them.
Naturally, I will bake something to share at the party. My friend mentioned that she recently heard about an alternative to cake balls made from scratch where you use oreos instead. I told her I make those in the summer when we head out to Sandy Neck.
I might just bring the home made version of cake balls and a batch of oreo cookie balls so that her guests can try them both.

No comments: