Sunday, February 21, 2010

Newport Winter Festival, Biscotti & Friends!


The kids have been on winter break this past week. It's been great having them around. On Friday we headed off Cape and went to the Winter Festival in Rhode Island. We had a good time. We went to an Illusionist show, a nachos tasting and then a pizza cook off.

The best part of the trip for me was on Saturday afternoon we did the Cliff Walk together- it was an unusually warm and sunny day (picture from Cliff Walk). I think the kids probably liked the all you can eat pizza event and swimming in the hotel pool the best.

As for my biscotti -we arrived home just in time to head over to a friends house last night. They were having a 'winter break' party. My friend introduced me as someone who bakes the best biscotti she has ever tasted. Naturally, I loved her feedback.

She said, she usually buys biscotti from the store and that it's dry and not very tasty. I make a cranberry biscotti with white chocolate that is just delicious. It's very flavorful and since biscotti is simply a twice baked cookie I do bake mine twice but I am careful not to over bake it. I drizzle it with just enough white chocolate to balance out the cranberries.

My cranberry biscotti recipe is included in Meet Me in My Cape Cod Kitchen.

No comments: