Sunday, July 18, 2010

Whale Shaped Sugar Cookies, Bella's Birthday & Views from a Bike-Ride!



What a week it's been. I was unexpectedly pulled into a bit of a drama and I found myself needing to step back and take stock.

Over the years, I have learned (through trial and error) how to look at a situation and see what my part is and also what my part is not.
It's been an invaluable experience for me because for many years I often felt I was entirely at fault in any miscommunication or problem especially with family members. What a blessing to finally know that I'm not the cause of everyone else's misfortune or problems. I'm only responsible for my tiny plot of my life.

In the midst of the drama I managed to provide my daughter Bella with the most beautiful and simple yet attention to detail filled fourteenth birthday celebration. One of the details involved personalized shoe shaped sugar cookies as part party favors for each of her guests.

I also managed to bake and deliver whale shaped sugar cookies to the farm for sale and went on the most magnificent bike-ride (pictured above). I also realized how very loved I am by so many close and attentive friends who immediately offered words of kindness and care for my well-being.

In the end I always return to the things I love the most like bike riding, hanging out with my kids and (always) a bit of baking.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on, sister. I adore this post! Keep on keeping on. Happy Belated Birthday to sweet Bella.

Unknown said...

Wow that picture is gorgeous. Makes me miss the bike path. Thank you for the inspiration to get on my bike and go for a ride :)

Linda Maria Steele said...

Thanks, Nino! Chelsea, I love and use the bike path often although I took this picture from the edge of Saconsett Island, Mashpee. :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how could i subscribe
for a blog site? The account helped me a appropriate deal.
I have been tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast
offered brilliant clear idea

my blog post - Building Internal Torso?
Also see my web page > http://chestfatburner.com/compression-garment-to-Hide-man-boobs/