Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sweet & Savory Tarts, Biscotti & Joy of Friendship


What a busy summer it's been at our house! Last week we had long-time friends fly in from Dallas, TX to visit us for the weekend. And, what a blessing it was! They were wonderful house-guests and it was so much fun to catch up.
The joy of friendship is that if you make a lasting friend connection you can go without seeing one another for years and when you meet up again it's as if you pick up right where you left off.
I dropped off cookies at the farm right before they arrived (and the morning after they left) as I knew we would be having way too much fun for baking while they were here.
In one weekend we went to Old Silver Beach, Surf Drive, La Tavola (the Italian Community Dinner in Mashpee), National Seashore and the Fort Hill Area in Eastham, Cahoon Hollow and of course The Beachcomber, the Jetty in Provincetown (each of my three children walked it with ease) and then of course the main drag in Provincetown. On Sunday just the girls and I spent a super fun day walking around the wharf in Boston and looking around Quincy Market (and of course eating more food).
I sent them home with packages of my Cranberry Biscotti with white chocolate and from what I hear the rest of their family really loved getting a taste.
I've been feeling creative in the kitchen this week as it gives me a chance to feel grounded again and last night I made a super savory Butternut Squash, Gorgonzola and Sage tart.
Next, I'm going to try a sweet option-a Chestnut, Pecan and Maple Tart as soon as I can locate chestnut puree somewhere on the Cape.

No comments: