Monday, September 20, 2010

Kripalu, New Friends, Ginger Scones & Chestnut Puree!

As I woke this morning my heart was filled with so much love and gratitude toward the amazing weekend I spent at Kripalu Yoga and Retreat Center in Lenox, MA. I spent the weekend with the Beckwith's-they are the most beautiful and awe-inspiring couple I have ever met! They created an incredible environment for healing, growth and joy. I also met some new friends which was so much fun.
One of the things Kripalu is known for is their delicious and abundant food. It is so good for you. I felt it nourished not only my body but my soul as well.
As for the Chestnut Puree, I finally managed to get my hands on some. It arrived by delivery truck just as I was pulling out of my driveway on Friday to head to the retreat for the weekend.
It's downstairs ready for me to make Chestnut, Maple and Pecan Tart out of it. I can't wait to bake it as it sounds like a really yummy combination.
As for the Ginger Scones, I ate them one morning with my breakfast over the weekend and they were so good I am going to experiment with my own version soon.

No comments: