Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dreaming, Apple Crisp & Celebration Cookies!

I love to dream. Dreaming matters because it helps me to see possibilities!
I dream about things like taking long romantic adventures to Italy, throwing wildly fancy parties right at home with good friends and having somewhere perfect to wear my favorite dress and shoes!
I also dream about big things like wishing for the day that could end hunger and poverty among families and also little things like wondering what I might be able to do to make someone else's life a little bit brighter.
Maybe dreaming is important because it puts us a little bit closer to the types of things we want and how we want our life to look. Even when it doesn't always look that way now.
On Saturday I went to a party with some women friends from my writing group. I brought my Celebration Cookies along and one of the women commented on how much she loves the way I come up with new recipes the way other people paint on a canvas or create a sculpture.
Perhaps my recent frequent day dreaming might be because I have teenagers and I do a lot of back and forth driving around town. Although perhaps the driving is not all bad.
As for the Apple Crisp I really need to get in my kitchen and get busy baking. We went Apple Picking on Sunday as a Family to Keith's Farm in Acushnet, MA and we picked lots of fresh juicy apples.
I asked my kids what they wanted me to do with them and they all said, "Make your apple crisp". And, as for having two teenagers in the house I'm well aware that a trip apple picking as a family is somewhat of a dream in itself. I'm so glad they decided to come.

No comments: