Friday, June 24, 2011

Coonamessett Farm, Corn on the Cob & Wood-Neck Beach!

I've been busy this week putting packages of my Celebration Cookies together for an upcoming delivery to the Coonamessett Farm Store.
I printed out red white and blue labels that say "eat more cookies, they'll make you feel good".
One of my favorite foods to eat in the summer is corn on the cob. Sophia and I picked up a batch of super fresh and sweet corn earlier in the week and had fun shucking the ears together. Last night I decided to try my own version of herb butter and it was delicious! As for wood-neck beach it is one of my favorite Falmouth Beaches. I took the girls and my sister and my niece for the day on Tuesday. It was one of those beach days where you feel you might never leave. The breeze was nice. The water was warm and not a cloud in the sky. Too bad every day isn't like that.

Linda's (touch of lemon) Herb Butter

Stick of unsalted butter, softened
Tbsp. fresh ground black pepper
Tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. fresh dried basil (or oregano, your preference)
Tbsp. lemon juice

Place all ingredients in a bowl and with a wire whisk, fork or even use a hand mixer blend together until smooth. Spread on still warm corn on the cob. Enjoy!

No comments: