Saturday, August 13, 2011

Recipe for Blueberry Pie!














"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating." ~ Luciano Pavarotti




Food's such a fun way to bring people together. Earlier this week my daughter Bella asked if I would make her a blueberry pie.


I picked up two large containers of fresh plump blueberries from Roche Bros. and decided to bake her one. It's so easy to make and especially right now when blueberries are so abundant and in season-- it's especially good.



Recipe for Blueberry Pie


1) For the Filling: In a medium bowl gently toss 4 cups of blueberries, 3 Tbsp cornstarch, 1 1/2 cups of white sugar, tsp. cinnamon and a squeeze of fresh lemon until berries are covered.



2) Either make a pie crust of your own, I have an easy recipe for one in "Meet Me in My Cape Cod Kitchen" or use a store bought refrigerated one and place one on the bottom of a pie plate. Pour the blueberry mixture in the center and top with 2 Tbsp. butter.



3) Place an additional pie crust over the top, fold over and crimp edges or you can cut strips of a second pie crust to make a lattice top, pictured above. (I used more than four cups of blueberries because I tossed in my extras so my pie overflowed with blueberries.)


4) Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes.











No comments: