Friday, November 18, 2011

Autumn Fires & Freshly Baked Tortilla Strips!





Last week when I made the batch of Chicken & Corn Tortilla Soup, I roasted corn in olive oil, added garlic, cumin, coriander, sage and red pepper, tomatoes, scallions, chicken broth and diced chicken. I also baked my own tortilla strips and they were so easy and good I thought I'd add a quick recipe here.



Take Flour Tortilla's and brush them with olive oil on both sides, slice into small strips and place flat on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 or so minutes, until brown.



Freshly baked tortilla strips are great to top off a bowl of soup or as a crunchy topping for a leafy green salad.



As for the Autumn Fires, I've been making them a lot lately. It's so relaxing to be home and have a fire going to warm the room.

No comments: