Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Chicken Ceasar Salad Wraps, Sunset Cruise & Shrimp Cocktail!


I submitted the most recent article I wrote this week. It's about food ideas you can bring to the beach.

 It will be out for the July 4th supplement. I wrote a lot about keeping food dry and fresh while spending time on the sand and water. And I included a few fun and fancy food ideas like making a bunch of fresh Chicken Caesar salad wraps and even shrimp cocktail for a trip to the beach.

It was fun to hear back from the editor who said she not only loved reading the story but also made the Chicken Caesar salad wraps herself. She said they came out really good. I suggested she make sure she uses the large tortilla's and to wrap them first in foil and then seal in Ziploc bags so they'll stay fresher longer.

As for the Sunset Cruise, I went to a fundraiser last weekend to raise money for new uniforms for the Falmouth Football team with a bunch of friends. It was a fun time. It's always fun to laugh and be a little silly with a group of girlfriends.

 It turned out to be a really perfect night for a cruise around the harbor and the sunset was gorgeous! I donated a recipe book with a bunch of baker's tools that I put together in a gift basket for the event. Although I realized I never got to see who won the basket in the raffle. I hope whoever it was has fun trying out all the recipes.

I took the picture above while out on the cruise. It's a view of the Nobska Lighthouse in Woods Hole.

Meet Me in My Cape Cod Kitchen

No comments: