Monday, April 28, 2008

Change

‘If you can neither accept it or change it, try to laugh at it.’
Ashleigh Brilliant

I know I've heard it said about Cape weather that if you don't like what's happening outside just wait-it's about to change. Our long and steady streak of pretty days gave way to a rainy and cold Monday. Naturally my youngest daughter and I were out at the library only wearing our flip flops and a t-shirt when the clouds began to darken and the drops began to fall.
Like most things that seem hard at the time-it wasn't easy for us to laugh at it this morning while we were being drenched and feeling cold- but later in the day as we snuggled on the couch together reading our borrowed books could we give the whole thing a smile.
Aren't their so many things in life that seem so terrible or at least a burden at the time when only later do we go back and laugh at it all?
My oven has recovered from it's case of 'spring fever'. Just in time, I have all kinds of sweet treats ready to bake this week.

No comments: