Thursday, April 10, 2008

Garlic Potato Biscuits & Dipping Cookies in Chocolate

I made Garlic Potato Biscuits yesterday. Yum!

You have to like a denser biscuit-these are not light and fluffy but they taste delicious especially if you eat them warm from the oven. I served them with a Chicken Alfredo Casserole.

And, I had a batch of cookies left over from the weekend and some leftover melted chocolate from a chocolate cake I'd baked early Monday morning. I decided to dip my cookies into the chocolate. I had white and milk chocolate available for dipping. I placed half of the cookie into the chocolate and let harden. Talk about a match made in heaven.

Recipe for Garlic Potato Biscuits

large potato (peeled, diced)
4 garlic cloves
1/3 c butter softened
tsp salt
tsp pepper
2 c flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/3 c milk

Boil the potato and the garlic in a saucepan until tender then drain. Add the butter and mash. In a medium bowl stir the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Add the potato mixture until mixture is crumbly. Add milk, stir well. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with a 1/2 in. cutter (Or simply use the top of a 2 glass or cup to make shape). Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 12 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.

No comments: