Saturday, October 18, 2008

Chilly Mornings with Chocolate Chip Pancakes

The morning was chilly so I decided to build a fire in the living room fireplace. Summer on Cape Cod is gone-at least for now!
Bella had a couple of girlfriends sleepover last night so I decided to make them Chocolate Chip Pancakes with fresh melon for breakfast. I was hoping they weren't going to sleep all day so I tried to rouse them out of bed with warmth and fresh smells.
I wanted to use buttermilk but realized I was out. Did you know you can make buttermilk with a cup of regular milk to which you can add a teaspoon of either vinegar or lemon juice? You simply whisk them together and voila! Buttermilk.
As soon as I placed a tray of warm pancakes on the table and was about to call them for breakfast they emerged from their room-hungry!

No comments: