Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I want to go to Italy!

I am not sure if it's the recent hosting of the limoncello party or that in my creative writing time my thoughts keep wandering back to a story about three girls who embark on a journey to Italy together but lately all I can think about is how am I going to get myself there?

I mentioned my desire to someone the other day and he went on and on about a wonderful trip he took to Florence years back.

As a baker and someone who loves to cook I know I am drawn to the food there but it's also the pictures of the gorgeous land that I want to touch and feel up close.

I am also drawn to the strong sense of family and the art. Imagine actually walking around the Pitti Palace and Gardens?

I want to see the back streets. I want a restaurant owner to invite me into his cellar and let me try his limoncello. I want him and his wife to tell me about wonderful family stories. Even if I can only understand their tales through expressions and gestures because my Italian won't be very good --just a few phrases I'll have picked up here and there.

I suppose getting myself to Italy is as simple as setting a date and a goal for myself. I've done it before--with my baking business and the finishing of my recipe book!

In the meantime, I have Dreamy Island Cookies and Lemon Cake for sale at the farm alongside my recipe book. Do pick it up and take a look!

Ciao!

No comments: