Friday, December 18, 2009

The Cape Cod Times & Candy Cane Cookies!

I learned yesterday that my cookbook was mentioned in Wednesday's Cape Cod Times as one of three gift choices for local food lover's. That was a nice surprise!
I just finished making a tray of green and red candy cane sugar cookies that I needed for Sophia's Kindergarten Christmas lunch today.
Our holiday open house is Sunday and I have baked cranberry biscotti, peanut butter chocolate drops, dreamy island cookies, red and green whale shaped sugar cookies, and chocolate cake balls dipped in white chocolate. I might just need a long hot bubble bath from all this baking.
I hope our guests bring their appetite and their holiday song knowledge. I came up with a party game since I didn't do a 'Yankee Swap' where people have to fill in the blanks to popular 'Christmas tunes'. Ho Ho Ho!

No comments: