Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Oh, the weather outside is frightful!


Sophia and I braved the cold this morning to wait in front of the house for her to go to school. It's pajama day in her kindergarten class so she wore adorable snowman pj's with her pink snow pants, pink coat, pink hat and bright red boots. It was 19 degrees out and our noses were as red as Rudolph's. But, she couldn't miss pajama day!

Despite the storm we managed to have our holiday open house last Sunday. Lots of people didn't make it out on the roads but a whole bunch of us 'die hards' were there.

What could be better in a snow storm than to have a fire going with friends over eating good food? We kept a fire in the kitchen and the living room going throughout the night.

Luckily for me my guests brought their appetites so I wasn't left with a ton of food on my hands. I even managed to get them playing the 'guess that Christmas song' game-which was fun! During the party we heard that school was canceled for Monday in Falmouth so everyone was able to stay later than expected.
Despite it being so cold, it's beautiful in my yard and it looks like we are in for a White Christmas after all.




No comments: