Saturday, April 10, 2010

Surprises, Daylillies & Biscotti

A neighbor left two bags of cut daylillies for me to replant somewhere in my yard yesterday. It was such a nice surprise. Seeing them left me anxious for the arrival of my gorgeous spirea bushes that will be in bloom soon. It makes me happy to have a neighbor who thinks to leave such a special treat for me.
After Easter we had so many left over peeps that I decided to melt some chocolate and dip the funny looking bunny shaped creatures into them. The kids were impressed. I felt a little guilty creating such a sinfully sweet treat although alone they are almost too sugary and the chocolate does provide a nice balance. Besides, with spring here our local grocery store has been so abundant with apples, grapes, melons, strawberries etc that we are getting plenty of healthy food too.
The only other thing I had time to bake this week was cranberry biscotti dipped in white chocolate. I managed to sneak a piece in my kids lunch and they told me later that day how much they enjoyed the unexpected surprise.
I'm heading off to a spring fashion show & lunch today. I'm looking forward to good food and conversation but mostly I am happy to see my oldest daughter model a dress she made out of candy wrappers and silk ribbon.

No comments: