Thursday, April 22, 2010

Jumbo Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate, Book Club & Spring Break!

I found the most large, sweet, ripe and delicious strawberries at the Roche Bros. in Mashpee Commons. I just had to buy two containers. When I arrived home I washed them, dipped them in melted chocolate and then drizzled them in white chocolate!

I brought them along with me to my neighborhood Book Club meeting last night and they were a big hit. Book Club is always fun. We meet once a month and rotate houses for hosting. We each bring an appetizer or other treat to share. It's fun to try out different foods and get new cooking or baking ideas.

I was feeling a little guilty when I left the house last night because the kids are on their Spring Break and with me heading out they were going to be at home.

Although when I walked in the first thing I saw written on the dry erase board that hangs on the fridge was a note that said: "We Love You Mom!"

I am looking forward to spending time with each of them today. We will seek out some sort of fun adventure. I think I will use up the rest of my strawberries. I know they will love them dipped in a bit of chocolate.

No comments: