Monday, May 3, 2010

Beach, Margarita's & Avocado's

It's official! I've been to the beach this year! I'm not just talking about a quick drive by or a walk in a sweatshirt either. It was so beautiful on Saturday that I decided to drop everything I was going to do and took my oldest daughter to the beach. We read, chatted with one another and soaked up the sun.

I am so glad we did. It gets me so excited for the upcoming summer.
On Saturday night I invited neighbors over to join us around our backyard fire-pit. I love this time of year. If you're lucky you can get a super warm day and a cool night-perfect for building a fire.

Avocado's are on sale this week at the grocery store so I served fresh guacomole with tortilla chips and delicious frozen Margarita's. The margarita's seemed perfect for the weekend before Cinco De Mayo.

I've been super busy teaching lately although I know I will be selling my cookies and copies of my cookbook at the Coonamessett farm again soon. I've decided to keep it simple this year. I will stock my table with packages of my own delicious creation: dreamy island cookies and leave an order form for special orders.
On Sunday Sophia and I made another trip down to the beach. We stopped down at South Cape for a walk and shell collecting. It was beautiful and very quiet. Picture is from South Cape.

No comments: