Friday, May 7, 2010

Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies, Sophia's Book & Reciprocity

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true. ~Robert Brault














I baked jumbo chocolate chip cookies yesterday. The recipe is from "Meet Me in My Cape Cod Kitchen". They have a hint of peanut butter. My kids ate some as an after school snack yesterday and said "YUM" with mouths full and a glass of milk on the side. I also shared them with my students yesterday. I wasn't surprised when they ate every last one.

I've made mention before of how wonderful Sophia's book skills are so I decided to add a photograph of her most recent creation. The back page has a similar drawing but says; "you are the funnest to play with!" It sure is nice to feel so loved by her. I cherish her love for me so much.

As for reciprocity, I believe in the importance of shared kindness and generosity. I want my life to only be filled with people who cherish me as much as I cherish them!

No comments: