Sunday, June 6, 2010

House Guests, Mozzarella with Pesto & Cranberry Orange Scones

A friend of mine who I met way back in Grade School came to visit this past weekend with her husband and son. With dinner last night (Steaks cooked on the grill) I served a super easy side dish they enjoyed. I took soft mozzarella rolled cheese and laid it out flat. I spread pesto sauce on the cheese then rolled it up tightly. I cut the roll into half inch slices and placed them as spirals on a platter. It's so easy and tastes delish. (Thinking back at it now I wish I'd thought to snap a quick picture so you can see for yourself)!
We invited another friend over and all sat around our fire-pit in the back yard. We laughed and shared stories while the kids toasted marshmallows for s'mores.
As for the Cranberry Orange Scones I managed to bake a batch and have them in the oven before they even woke this morning. I like to place my scone batter in a pie plate (instead of what a lot of people suggest which is to form the dough into a circle and place on a cookie sheet-the pie plate simply holds the shape easier).
I slice them into eight scones when finished baking. I like to serve them warm with butter and preserves.

No comments: