Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Purple and Pink Castle Cake & Baked Brie

Sophia is a summer girl. She turns six in two weeks and I've ordered a pink and purple bounce house castle to be delivered for the celebration.
I've been invited by Sophia's teacher to bring in a special treat tomorrow to share with her classmates since they will be out of school for the summer when her birthday arrives. It seems only fitting that I bake a pink and purple castle cake.
But for now, shh! I am going to keep the cake a surprise from Sophia as I think it will be more fun to see her face as I arrive at her school with a castle cake.
As for the Baked Brie-I've decided to make it to bring to Wednesday night's Book Club. Book Club is always a good time!
Recipe for Baked Brie:
Large brie wheel
Pie crust
Black raspberry preserves (really any jam will do)
chopped fine pecans or walnuts.

Place the pie crust rolled out flat on a baking dish. Place the brie wheel in the center. Spread the preserves on top of the brie then sprinkle with the nuts. Wrap the pie crust around the brie. Press firmly to seal the crust. Bake at 325 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Serve warm with your favorite crackers.
So easy and delicious!

No comments: