Friday, June 18, 2010

Purple and Pink Castle Cake & Baked Brie, Part 2!

Both the Cake and the Brie were such a hit at both events on Wednesday that I thought I'd post a quick update.
I arrived at Sophia's school with the cake in tact-this was no small feat as it was three tiers with purple and pink frosted cones for the columns. One of Sophia's classmates was so impressed that she quickly asked if I could make a special cake for her birthday and proceeded to tell me exactly how she wanted it-love those Kindergartners!
At book club we discussed "Little Bee" by Chris Cleave. As for the baked brie their was not even a tiny bit left at the end of the night. It's simply that good-the combination of the crunchy nuts to balance the sweet preserves and the flaky crust that balances the creamy brie. Yum!

No comments: