Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Snow Day, Robert Frost & Red Hot Chili Peppers!

"Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the Village, though:
He will not see me stopping here.
To watch his woods fill up with snow..."


From "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost

The kids are home today because of the snowstorm. Since I didn't have to rush everyone off to the bus stop early this morning, I decided to bake muffins, make cheddar cheese omelette's and slice up a fresh honey dew melon.

It's nice to have them around but it's a wet snow and we didn't get as much as expected so for now it's not really good for playing outside.

I'm teaching a Sea-Term Analysis of Literature class that began yesterday. The campus is quiet and I enjoyed meeting my new students.

I often include the above poem by Robert Frost in my syllabus and it seems appropriate to share an excerpt from it here today.

It's a good day for music too and I listened to the song "Snow (Hey Oh!)" by Red Hot Chili Peppers while working in the kitchen.

No comments: