Here's a fun recipe for a cookie I call Surprise Cookies. It's included in Meet Me in My Cape Cod Kitchen.
I made them recently for my older daughter to share with her class. They look like a regular sugar cookie until you bite into one and Surprise-you get the sweet taste of lemonade!
If you're home baking this weekend give this a try.
I love to bake cookies and then share them with others, it's good karma! People really do love it when you bake for them.
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 can frozen lemonade, concentrate, thawed, divided
1) In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
2) Combine flour and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with 1/3 cup of lemonade concentrate, beating well after each addition.
3) Drop by rounded, tsp. 2 in. apart on cookie sheet.
4) Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
5) While cooling brush with the additional lemonade concentrate and sprinkle with sugar.