Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Melted Chocolate, Fresh Whipped Cream & Keeping things Slow & Simple!


I took this picture from the edge of Seconnsett Island, Mashpee on Sunday. The sun was setting to the right. The light allowed the clouds to reflect off the water in a very sweet way. It was a very peaceful twilight. Later that night I made a baked and breaded chicken Parmesan topped with mozzarella and fresh baked garlic bread for dinner. Then for dessert I served the butterfly cake. Honestly, I hated to cut into it (just because it looked so cute) but I did because the kids' wanted to dig in the moment it came out of the oven. I served large slices of the cake with warm melted chocolate, fresh whipped cream and plump strawberries. I heard lots of yum's and mmm's with mouths filled with cake. I took that to mean they enjoyed it. The arrival of Spring on Cape Cod always feels like a tease. I knew this when I wrote the previous post. However, I was trying to hold the vision of that day: warmer temps, sunny skies and all day spent outdoors! However, I saw snow flakes both Monday and today. Go figure! As for keeping it slow and simple, I've been applying that easy mantra to many things lately. I think it's appropriate for where I'm at. I've been in the same relationship for twenty years now and for almost a month now I'm on my own. It will simply take me a little time to further adjust. So yes, I think keeping things slow and simple is a good plan at least for now.

Whether I'm baking a cake, enjoying the beauty around me or whipping fresh cream-- I do it because they are each simple enough...

No comments: