Friday, September 16, 2011

Patti's Pumpkin Bread & Gifts from Friends!



It's a great day for baking. The weather is crisp and cool. When the feeling of summer fades it's fun to make more quiche, soups and breads.


There are a number of people in my life who stopped by to give me really special gifts this week to celebrate my birthday. I am so thankful for each and every one. And, my kids were especially good to me.


Among them is this beautiful bread tray a friend gave me as a gift. It's perfect for serving home made bread in.

I don't teach on Friday's which is a blessing because I have a chance to catch up around the house and get some baking done. Just in case you feel like baking this weekend here is my recipe for "Patti's Pumpkin Bread"--I got this recipe years ago as a gift from a friend of mine. Enjoy!



Patti's Pumpkin Bread

2 1/2 cups flour

2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp baking powder

3 tsp pumpkin pie spice (you can also put together your own combination of nutmeg, allspice and cinnamon)

1 tsp salt

3 cups sugar

1 cup vegetable oil

4 eggs

1 (15 ounce can) pumpkin puree

1/2 cup water


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9 x5 inch loaf pans. Sift together the flour, powder, soda, salt and spice mixture and set aside.

2. In a large bowl, beat together sugar, oil, eggs and pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture alternately with water. Divide batter evenly between the pans.

3. Bake for approximately 55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.

No comments: