Friday, September 30, 2011

Daughter's, Feels Like Summer Again & Weekend Food!

" Food is our common ground, a universal experience". ~ James Beard



Last night after dinner my daughter's decided to bake a cake together. It was so much fun to hear them chatting and laughing away while they worked in the kitchen. My son was home too yet had little interest in the baking part. He did make an appearance when it was time to give it a taste.


It makes me happy that I've been able to pass on and share my love for baking with them. I hope it's something I continue to do and share with them for many years to come.


Today has felt like summer all over again so I spent the day outdoors as much as I could. I know the weather will turn cold soon enough.

I met a friend for lunch earlier then snuck down to Wood Neck Beach for a walk. I was the only one there, which was fun and a nice change from the busy summer days.

As for weekend food, I've been cooking on Friday's to have food and snacks on hand for the week-end. It's kind of nice because the kids are usually in and out and there's something ready for them to pull out and heat up. I made a large Pot Roast in the Crock-Pot and a Cranberry Apple Pie.

No comments: