Monday, September 12, 2011

Walk at South Cape Beach, Friends & Food!

We were blessed with amazing weather this past weekend. After Labor Day, I get to enjoy South Cape Beach again. It's less crowded and after the Summer season ends it's easier to find parking. I love to walk the path on the town side to Dead Neck trail out to the Jetty. A friend of mine took this photograph and I want to share it with you.



My birthday is tomorrow. And I'm feeling very blessed to have so many wonderful friends. I hosted a small get together at my house on saturday as a way to celebrate my birthday.



I made Avocado and Cheddar quesadilla's with fresh Pico de Gallo and a Tomato, Mozzarella, Basil salad with Balsamic vinaigrette.



I baked an apple pie for my kids on Sunday because there's been so many fresh apples at the store right now. It disappeared instantly.



I also baked a batch of Dreamy Island Cookies for my neighbor because I know those are her favorite and I wanted to thank her for a small favor she had done for me earlier last week. She called to say, "How do you make them so good?"



I love finding opportunities to cook and bake for people. It seems like such a simple but satisfying thing to do for someone else. Who doesn't like good food?

No comments: