Saturday, December 17, 2011

Busy Busy Bakers & Another End of Semester!







There's been lots of baking going on at my house this week. I like to bake for neighbors, my kids teachers, other friends at the holidays and I often bring in cookies on the last day of my classes for the semester. In my English Composition classes this week, I brought in Coconut Pound Cake drizzled with Chocolate, Sugar Cookies topped with Crushed Candy Canes, Chocolate Chip Cookies with a hint of Peanut Butter and Cranberry Biscotti.


The cookies were definitely a hit with my students. We played a couple of word games on the last day. We wrote a Community Story and played 'Passadoodle'. It was fun.


I like my students to leave with the idea that although College writing requires them to work hard and write well throughout the semester language and literature can be fun!


I like to hear what they write for a Community Story; it's always wacky and wild plots with outrageous descriptions. It'll be nice to have a break for a little while (to spend time with my own kids) before the Spring Semester begins.

No comments: