Friday, December 9, 2011

Cupcakes, Fuzzy Pink Slippers & Fig and Prosciutto Puffs!



T'is the season for Holiday Parties. I love a good party. And at times the Holidays seem like one of the few times I get a chance to see certain people. It's fun to catch up with people I haven't seen in awhile.


I can't go to a party empty handed so I baked some fun cupcakes earlier today-butter flavored cupcakes with blue frosting and green sugar.


I also brought the new appetizer recipe I came up with right before Thanksgiving because it's easy and good and people really seem to like it.



Recipe for Fig and Prosciutto Puffs


Mini Phyllo Shells
Fig Jam
Prosciutto, Sliced into pieces
Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded

On a baking sheet place the mini Phyllo shells. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop a teaspoon of jam on the center of each pastry shell. Place small slices of prosciutto on top of the jam and top with a sprinkle of shredded pepper jack cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry shells are brown.

Oh ya, and as for the Fuzzy Pink Slippers, I did some Christmas shopping today and in an effort to take good care of myself throughout the holiday season I decided to buy myself the cutest and most comfortable slippers I've ever had. It seems like if I remember to take care of myself too, I will enjoy the hectic holiday season so much more. Just a thought, but maybe it would work for you too? Not the pink slippers, but the taking time for you around the holiday!

No comments: