Sunday, July 29, 2012

Happiness & Breakfast!

  "All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast."
                                                    ~John Gunther

    Best day to make a big breakfast is on sunday, when everyone's around and feeling a little lazy. I woke up this morning thinking about my favorite version of pancakes because there's lots of fresh ripe raspberries ready to be eaten in my fridge.
The photo here is from a picture of when Cape Cod Magazine came to my house to photograph a number of my recipes for publication.
Later that day, my kids enjoyed eating all the food I made for the photo shoot.
I'm going to leave you with my recipe for Pancakes with Slivered Almonds, Raspberries and Fresh Whipped Cream in case you're looking for something to do with all your ripe fresh fruit.

Pancakes with Slivered Almonds, Raspberries and Fresh Whipped Cream

Servings: Refer to Batter Recipe

Begin with your favorite pancake batter. We like buttermilk pancakes. Warm a large flat griddle pan with oil. Drop medium size rounds of batter evenly and grill evenly on both sides.

Prepare fresh ripe raspberries by cleaning and drying gently, gather a large handful of slivered almonds and cream (take heavy cream and a tsp. of vanilla and mix on medium in blender until light and fluffy.)
 Take three pancakes and place in the center of a plate and top with some of the raspberries, almonds and cream.
 Serve warm with  maple syrup. (And try grade A maple syrup it's a little more expensive, but definitely worth it in taste.)

Enjoy and while here you're invited to purchase an e-book version of my recipe book. Happy Baking!

No comments: