Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Baker's Blessings

A treat I call Dreamy Island Cookies are in the oven. This morning I get 9-12 minute mini increments to get little chores around the house done. One benefit from making Orange Pound Cake or Supreme Lemon Cake is that I get about sixty full minutes to busy myself while the goodies bake. Sophia is awake early this morning. I tried to sneak into the kitchen before she stirred. It's going to be a beautiful day. The kind of day that reminds me why we moved to Cape Cod. The sun is eager to meet the day-so are we. There is a steady brisk breeze. I have the sliding glass door off the kitchen open. The curtain blows back and forth. As much as I love to bake I can't wait to complete today's tasks so I can get out and enjoy nature. I have had to learn patience. I can't rush what's in the oven. It's done when it's done.

No comments: