Monday, September 24, 2007

A Baker's Dozen

What I love about a baker's dozen is you get a little more than you're expecting...

13 instead of 12. 

Wouldn't it be nice if a baker's dozen extended to other things? Like the amount of time the kids help around the house or the size of our paychecks or even how far a tank of gas will take us?

Right now I'm baking one of my favorite's, Coconut Cake. Sophia is taking a nap and the house is so quiet and smells so yummy!

It's the little things that always amaze me -like how flour, egg and sugar can produce the most inviting, satisfying yet nurturing treats. Or how much Sophia naturally loves to bake with me. 


Often when I tell her I'm about to bake, I'll hear her say, "Mom, I need my apron". We have matching navy blue and white ones spotted with whales.

No comments: