Friday, March 14, 2008

101st Blog Post & Family

The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together.
~Erma Bombeck

For anyone counting (I am certain it would only be me) this is my 101st blog post. In my tiny spot of 'cyber' space I have shared recipes, photos of gorgeous cape cod, life with children and comments about baking in general. What I love about 'blogging' is it allows me a chance to look back at a record of my days. I hope at least the recipes have been helpful.

Bombeck's quote on family is so spot on. My two oldest often razz each other off the computer they share or out of the bathroom when the other one needs it. Recently while driving I pointed out to them while they were overly prodding each other that it was important they maintain their relationship because in the years to come they would most likely outlive their parents and they would appreciate having each other to reminisce about us. I wasn't being morbid just trying to point out one of those 'common threads that bound us all together'.

No comments: