Monday, June 23, 2008

Aunt Ollie, Apple Pie & Apologies

When you realize you've made a mistake, make amends immediately. It's easier to eat crow while it's still warm. ~Dan Heist
My aunt Ollie passed away last week. She was ninety three. Born in 1914. She is someone who witnessed major changes in her lifetime. I attended her funeral over the weekend. I am happy I was able to go. The main thing the pastor shared about her is how good she was at keeping in touch with the people she loved. That is such a good quality to posses. My two older kids are becoming teens and I am trying to instill that in them too.

I remember when I was a kid that she was really good at making apple pie too. She was especially good at making the crust. Her pies were delicious!

As for apologies: I sell three different sizes of lemon cake: 6 oz, 8 oz and 48 oz. My large lemon cakes are the best deal-easier on me and serves 10-14 people. Recently I inadvertently used my medium sized labels on my small cakes-oops. Sorry! I think there were only about three sold but if you bought a small cake that read 8 oz and it wasn't--I'm sorry! Please write to me and I'd be happy to leave you a true 8 oz lemon cake at the farm for you.

I have corrected the problem--no future worries. As for the crow in the quote above I am not entirely sure what he has to do with it but I liked the meaning overall. The lemon cake is delicious. It's a perfect recipe. Lots of fresh lemon, eggs and pudding in the mix make it a tasty treat.

No comments: