Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ordinary Perfection





"Ordinary perfection is being true to ourselves, to the way things are. Do we go into the garden wishing that the pansies were taller than the daffodils, or thinking that the roses would be fine if only they didn't have thorns? Do we go into a Kindergarten and wish that the children would fit into some model of perfection we hold, or can we see that variety makes the beauty of gardens and humans?" From After the Ecstasy, the Laundry by Jack Kornfield.

No two of my cakes or cookies will ever be exactly alike. That is part of the fun and beauty of it all. Life really is perfect in it's ordinary imperfections. My oven is off today. I baked late last night and I will be baking again in the morning. My daughter and I went to the beach yesterday. It was gorgeous. I snapped a picture of Sophia while she was playing in the sand-she turned away just before the image was captured. But even still I think it's an ordinary perfect picture.

No comments: