Sunday, June 15, 2008

Generosity & Gratitude

When eating bamboo sprouts, remember the man who planted them.
Chinese Proverb

I came across this quote in a book I was reading the other day. It struck me because at first all I could think about was who eats bamboo sprouts?
As I thought about it a little more I realized what it's really about is a reminder to be generous and have gratitude for things that have come before us.
In an attempt to remember 'the man who planted them' I extend my gratitude to my husband for being a good dad, to my friends who stay in touch with me even when their own lives get hectic and to every one who ordered baked goods from me last week- the woman who had the surprise party for her husband and bought a few large cakes and to the woman who ordered my starfish sugar cookies for a private party.
This coming week I will offer my generosity to my older daughter's school. I will make lemon cakes for an end of the year breakfast and cookies for the classroom party that will celebrate summer birthdays.

No comments: