Friday, August 22, 2008

Baking & Beauty



I have been thinking about beauty this week: how beautiful Cape Cod is in the summer, how beautiful my girls are and how beautiful something as simple as a cake can be.

We have a family of four visiting us from California. They've never been to Cape Cod. Naturally they find it beautiful.

This photograph is from my daughter's cell phone. She forwarded it to me while they were on the ferry home from a day trip to Martha's Vineyard. I stayed back that particular day because I wanted to fill my table at the farm.
Late yesterday afternoon I delivered mini lemon cakes and dreamy island cookies. Good thing too-when I arrived my table was completely empty. The weather for today looks beautiful! We are going to take them out to the Outer Cape-go for a swim, maybe a hike and find a fun place for a good meal.

Oh, where has the time gone this summer?

No comments: